Birthday babbles + wishes for another year of awesome
Today I turn a year older. Hopefully a year wiser, and a year more awesome. Or at least that is what I’m hoping ;)
I have always loved birthdays and today is no different. I am welcoming my 32nd year with open arms, a lot of excitement and maybe because I’m getting older….a whole lot of reflection. Reflection on the year that has been and the year that I am hoping will hold a whole lot of magic.
A peek into my thoughts the last few weeks.
I love my family.
My kids are amazing. I may be a little biased but despite the daily challenges I could not love them more. They are full of energy, curiosity and love. They are perfect just the way they are.
My husband is my rock, my cheerleader and an incredible life partner. I thank God every day that he didn’t give up and kept calling me for a couple years ;) …. (that’s a story for another day…)
I am grateful for forever friendships near and far.
I am grateful for the adventures our family has been able to experience with each passing hockey season.
I am grateful for our home base in Canada that keeps our family grounded and is the center of our world.
I truly love what I do. I love my job. I love being able to share what I believe in and empower others to make change in their lives.
For today, I thought I would share a few random babbles about who I (now) am in my personal and professional journey. I suppose it’s a way to almost re-introduce myself for those of you who have been following along for the last few years and for those of you who might be new. Here we go. My life as I see it right now. What has changed, what is to come….
- As my life and business continue to evolve, I have been reflecting lately on how much I have changed (I believe for the better) since I started my blog 4 years ago. At the time, I was so jacked up with new knowledge about nutrition, pregnant with our first child and wanted to create a space to share what I was passionate about, healthy living. It was closer to the start of my own personal journey to find better health and to share with my friends, family and clients what I feel works. A lot has changed and evolving as an entrepreneur while balancing my role as mama and wife has been fun, challenging and way more rewarding than I ever dreamt.
- Our family has lived overseas for the last 6 hockey seasons. It is insane how fast this has gone. There are no words to explain how grateful I am for our adventures and for the friends we have made. We have had our fair share of ups and downs but we wouldn’t change it for the world. I am a firm believer that everything happens for a reason. This has been revealed in so many ways over the last 6 years.
- Entrepreneurship is NOT what I thought I was going to do. I envisioned delivering the news to you on TV. Sometimes life doesn’t work out the way we see it. I am forever grateful I followed my heart for love and have ultimately found my passion(s) in my work life. In the last 4 years I have grown my business through one-on-one health coaching and my online programs THE THRIVING MOM PROJECT and THRIVE IN 52. I am in love with essential oils and empowering other families with the tools to take control of their health. In the last year I have been spreading the good oily word and are linking arms with some amazing people as we grow our global wellness team who’s goal is to help others live with more wellness, purpose, and abundance. I am so grateful for you and your support always. Please know that ;)
- Our family will be settling into life in Ontario for another summer when the playoffs here in Berlin are over. Our country home in Canada is the center of our life. My husband and I are both from the same super small hometown (seriously…there are like 25 houses); we went to the same small elementary school and are grateful that our kids have this home base. We adore small town living, the great people who live there, and the strong values we all share. Home has allowed us to remain grounded while travelling the world with not much more than the clothes in our suite cases. We were married on our property, Sloane and Roman were both born at home and sharing our home with our family and friends is one of our greatest loves.
- My life is not perfect. I say this one because I get a lot of messages, emails and have conversations where I get the feeling that people assume my life is sparkly unicorns all day. While our family has unreal adventures, my kids are pretty cute and my husband is a stud. Our life has had more than it’s share of ups and downs too. I do my best to share our real life through my blog and social media. But of course, you don’t see the pictures of my threenager melting down (re: me subsequently losing my mind), a quick takeout pizza or the other hugely un-glamorous parts of my life. My life is perfect in a lot of ways, but I am just like you. And that means you can do what I do. I try to do my best at showing transparency in what I share.
- I’m going to gush for a minute. I am so proud of my husband and his work ethic, chillness and love of his family blow me away. He makes me a better mom and wife. I truly value him and the role he has taken in our family. He is also (without a doubt) my number one supporter. He believes in my life goals and me. Even though we have geographically followed his career for so many years, he wants me to live my best life too. He wants me to do what I am passionate about and I am so grateful for his support every day.
- Finding your own passion along side a career driven spouse isn’t always easy. I know this is so true for a lot of my hockey girlfriends. So I just want to say, I understand the struggle and conflicted feelings. Most would look at our lives and think that it’s a dream. It is, but when you are an independent woman with big goals, putting that on hold for your partner has it’s challenging moments. I love having the chance to connect with some of you looking for tips on doing something similar to what I do. My advice to you and anyone else supporting their partner is just to START. Start somewhere. Do whatever you can to pursue what you love while living this crazy life. Tend to yourself, read, study, find a new hobby, focus on self improvement, get involved in whatever city you maybe set up in, connect with other like minded girls who have been there and who you look up to.
- I am trying to be better at taking care of me. As a mom this truly is a daily challenge. When it happens, it is so absolutely worth it. I am so truly passionate about The Thriving Mom Project and can’t wait to run this 4-week program again in the spring. I know we all want to THRIVE so that we can feel better, live better, and do better.
- This past fall I started a trendy, hockey inspired kids clothing line with one of my long time friends. Call me crazy, but I had this vision. I got goose bumps every time I thought about it (or maybe it was the lack of sleep I was having with our new born) and felt like it was something I couldn’t NOT do. After a year of sourcing Canadian made products and picking a cause that felt in line with our vision, we launched Little Ice Tribe. In so many ways this has been hysterical. I would be lying if I said I knew what I was doing (perhaps being too honest…) but we are figuring it out. We have had so much great feedback and support and I guess it just goes to show that when you LOVE what you do and hold a vision true in your mind, you can do it! Our clothes are proudly made in Canada, are cute as heck and give back! 10% of the sale of each item goes back into youth hockey through our partnership with Right To Play.
- I believe that slow and steady wins the race. In relationships, parenting and business. Dream, work hard and believe in you. It's necessary. Small and consistent steps each day move you closer to your big goals. It's that simple.
- As I dream up new ways to share how to live with more health, I am going to be holding Loft Hangouts this spring and summer for those of you in the Stratford area. These socials are all about empowering you with healthy tools to live better. Finding a like-minded, supportive tribe of women. We will roll up our sleeves and get in the kitchen together, healthify your current daily routine, learn how to bring essential oils into your home and kick chemicals, live with more passion, how to love your mom journey and so much more! I cannot wait to get these going. Stay tuned!
Life is to be lived. I am grateful for another year. I am grateful for YOU! I had no idea where this blogging journey would lead me 4 years ago but I am forever grateful that you are along for the ride. My birthday wish this year is that we all make the time to care for ourselves a little more and live a whole lot more soul-centred each day. Thriving is our birthright.