Let Food Be Thy Medicine
I have come down with a minor case of the sniffles and ahhhh-choo's...... eating whole foods is one of the easiest and most effective ways to prevent illness and disease and in any case, to heal faster.
In our household we are especially conscious of upping our vitamin C, drinking lots of water, taking our probiotics, washing our hands to keep bacteria/germs at bay as well as getting enough sleep at this time of the year.
BUUUUT....it seems the germs have (temporarily) won. While I don't feel awful I want to alleviate the symptoms as well as make sure it doesn't get any worse.
Here is my short-term plan of action .....
- Lots of vitamin C (that means lemon water, lots of fruits + veggies, Emergen-C packs mixed with water)
- Drink lots of water
- Avoid sugar + dairy
- Eat whole foods - lots of greens!
- Garlic + more garlic (anti-viral, anti-microbial + anti-fungal)
- Warm bone-broth based soups
- Warm water with juice of a lemon + ginger + raw honey (LOVE this)
- Take probiotics (breakfast + dinner)
"Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food" ~Hippocrates
How about those for some wise words!