I'm not sure about you, but that weekend flew by!
I hope you were able to squeeze in a little fun.
We had our first christmas party last night, for my husband's team. Great food and lots of laughs made for a great night.
I am so excited to introduce you to amaze-balls. I first learned of these beauties from Gina over at "The Fitnessista" - check out her website here - also an excellent resource for recipes and workouts.
And let me just say for you pregnant mama's out there, her healthy and fit pregnancy can serve as some inspiration! Amazing really.
I have made several variation of these over the last year or so...and let me tell you, they are amaze-balls!
These little puppies pack some serious punch with lots of protein, good fats and superfoods.
This recipe is for 'the healthy ginger' adaption of FESTIVE AMAZEBALLS.
I hope you will try them and let me know what you think.
- 2 scoops of vega "choc-a-lat shake + go smoothie
- 1 Tbsp chia seeds
- 3/4 cup almond butter
- 1 Tbsp shredded unsweetened coconut (an extra tablespoon or two to roll them in)
- 2 Tbsp goji berries
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- Combine all of the ingredients together in a bowl.
- Take small spoonful size and roll into a ball between your palms.
- On a small plate add a couple tablespoons of shredded coconut. Roll the balls around to coat them with the coconut.
- Place in a plate in the fridge for at least an hour or so. Keep in fridge until you are going to enjoy.
- Note: sometimes depending on the consistency of your almond butter or what you have added you may have to play around with the amounts of wet to dry, to ensure they stick together.
These can be enjoyed as part of a breakfast, post-workout, or as a snack. There are so many ways to make these wonderful little balls!
I love to enjoy mine with a cup of almond milk or cup of tea.