Green juice followed by some kamut avocado morning goodness made for the perfect start to the day.
Please do not be afraid of the green colour, this tastes delish! It is velvety & sweet tasting.
- 1/2 cup dry kamut flakes (1 cup of water to cook flakes)
- 1/2 avocado
- 1/2 of a ripe banana
- 1 Tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp raw honey
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- Lots of cinnamon
- Pinch of Sea Salt
- Bring 1 cup of water and pinch of sea salt to a rolling boil.
- Add kamut flakes to the boiling water (water:kamut ratio is 2:1) and cook for approx 3-4 minutes.
- Once the flakes are done cooking, add the avocado, banana, chia seeds, honey, almond milk, and cinnamon to a blender. Blend for 1 minute, then serve.
- Top with more cinnamon :-D
A few reasons you should LOVE kamut.....
- An alternative to oats that packs plenty of fibre and protein.
- You will stabilize your blood sugar levels, making you feel fuller longer (less cravings throughout the day).
- This is a very versatile grain that can be used in warm or cold cereals, baking, granola and much more.
- This is the brand I used is here.
- You can find kamut products at health food stores, some grocery stores, and bulk food stores.